Activities In Palampur
The captivating hill station of Palampur, in the Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh, is known for being the tea capital of northwest India. At Palampur you will find yourself surrounded by lush greenery and abundant rivers and streams, against the backdrop of the majestic Dhauladhar ranges decked with snow, and a very pleasant climate that will draw you in, and make you never want to leave.
And when it comes to tourist attractions, Palampur has more than enough to offer. Just a walk around Palampur will let you enjoy its beautiful colonial architecture. The tea factory, St John's Church, Bundla waterfall, Neogal Park are interesting places to visit. The village of Andretta, 13 km from Palampur is known for its pottery. The town of Baijnath, 16 km away is famous for its Shiva temple, and the Tibetan monastery at Tashijong, is 12 km away. Adventure seekers will find trek routes leading out of Palampur and into the Dhauladhar mountains. The towns of Bir and Billing have gained international reputation as paragliding sites. Dharamshala and Mc Leod Ganj are also popular tourist places near Palampur.
Things to do in Palampur?
- Explore the colonial architecture, tea gardens and pine forests
- Day touring at Bir, Billing, Asia’s best site, for Paragliding
- Trout fishing (only for specific season)
- Long walks and treks through the forests
- Visits to Andretta Pottery & Sobha Singh Art Gallery
- Trips to popular monasteries & temples
- Watching migratory birds at Pong Dam
- Exploring the beauty of Dharamsala
- Bicycling tours all around the valley
- Drives through the rough mountain terrain
- Scenic rides on the local train
- Practice Yogasanas, Pranayama, Sat Kriyas ( body purification techniques)
- Enjoy tea tasting during tea garden & tea factory visits.
- Experience peace and tranquility at famous monasteries & temples.
- Spend quality time with loved ones on picnics by the river and in the jungles.
- Explore the historic Kangra Fort.